NAME: Emanuela Alessandra
MOTHER TONGUE: italian
• University Degree as Interpreter and Translation get in 2002 with mark 96/100 at “Scuola
Superiore per Interpreti e Traduttori” (CIS) of Turin.
• Secondary School Degree as Technician of the Tourist Services get in 1997 with mark
58/60 at the Professional Institute for Commercial and Tourist Services “C.I.GIULIO” of
• Secondary School Qualification Certificate as Travel Agency Employee get in 1997 with
mark 84/100 at ENAIP (National Acli Corporation for the Professional Training) promoted
by Region of Piedmont.
• Secondary School Qualification Certificate as Tour Operator get in 1995 with mark 92/100
at the Professional Institute for Commercial and Tourist Services “C.I.GIULIO” of Turin.
• November 2003 - April 2004: Certificate as Italian Dialogist get at Cooperative ODS
(Operators for Dubbing and Television) of Turin.
• Very good knowledge of the following languages: English, French, German and Spanish,
both writing and speaking.
• Achievement of the FIRST CERTIFICATE of English.
• March-April 2000: certificate for attending the Course of Intensive German language – level
“MITTELSTUFE 1” - at “COLLEGIUM PALATINUM” in Heidelberg (Germany).
• Very good knowledge of Computer and skills in the use of Windows, Miscrosoft Office,
PowerPoint, As400, Internet and mails.
• I had the opportunity to develop my knowledge of the foreign languages during many stays
abroad, in U.K., France, Germany and United States, where I lived with local families and I
worked in contact with mother tongue people, as well as with the direct contact with my
grandmother, who is French and Spanish mother-tongue, and lives with my family.
• Free-lance translator from English-German-French-Spanish to Italian, both for private
customer and collaborating with companies DeArt Multimedia, Technod and Club2006 in
Turin and KOINE’ in Beinasco (TO), where I translated technical / computer manuals, legal
contracts, articles for specialized magazines, interviews, internal material for the training
courses of FIAT AUTO, and so on, tourist material for the Press Office “ABC
Communication for Tourism” of Turin and for some dentists, translating articles for
publications in the dental field.
• I have also translated many web sites and advertising material of restaurants, hotels, air
companies (Eurofly), beauty centres, and so on in Milan, Venice and Turin, above all during
the last Olympic Winter Games of Turin.
• Translator and Italian dialogist of the cartoon series “Doraemon V” transmitted on the Italian
TV channel Italia1, “South Park” transmitted on the Italian TV channel Paramount Comedy,
“The Triplets” transmitted on the Italian TV channel Raidue, and the TV series “My Family”
transmitted on the Italian TV channel Paramount Comedy, “This is Wonderland” and
“Midsomer Murder” transmitted on the Italian TV channel LA7, the realities "Merge", "5th
Wheel" and "Who wants to marry my Dad?" transmitted on the Italian TV channel Sky.
• From September 2003 I collaborate as free-lance journalist for the online tourism magazine
• Translator for the publishing company “Edizioni Clandestine” in Marina di Massa (last essay
• June 2002-October 2006: employee in the sales department at company “OFFICINA
MECCANICA FAVRETTO S.p.A.” in Pino Torinese (TO), where I followed the orders and the
contacts with the foreign customers, the translation of the technical and promotional manuals
in use and the organization of the stay in Italy of the foreign delegations.
• August-April 2002: employee in the sales department and responsible of shipments at
company “ALTAIR” in Leinì (TO).
• March-June 2001: employee in the sales department (above all with the German customers)
at company “PNEUMOFORE” in Rivoli (TO).
• October 2000-February 2001: hostess for the air companies Alitalia and Air-France
(passenger assistant, check-in and embarking) for company SAGAT, at the International
airport “Sandro Pertini” of Turin.
• March-April 2000: training period at company “LOGEMANN & WAIBEL” in Heidelberg
(Germany) where I worked as secretary (editing of letters and fax in German, telephone
contacts with customers/suppliers, paper and computer archives).
• November-December 1999: training period at the International School of English “SKOLA -
MARBLE ARCH INTENSIVE ENGLISH” in London (U.K.) where I worked in the
administration and in the commercial department (check-in/check-out of new students,
organization of the courses and of the excursions, editing of the evaluation tests, promotion
of study-holidays addressed to the students of the Italian secondary schools).
• Guide/Assistant of the school groups during the 1st Music Exhibition in Turin at “Lingotto
I am available to travel both in Italy and abroad for short periods; I like the jobs in contact with
the public, where is required good organization and coordination skill and the use of the foreign
languages. Punctilious and methodological in my work, I aim to grow both culturally and
professionally by working.
I have many interests, such as travelling, reading, singing in a choir and listening to music of
any kind; I also like many sports such as swimming, volleyball, riding and aerobics.
EMANUELA ALESSANDRA SERRI